Comfortable camping at night is also a necessity; acquiring a reliable and comfortable camping hammock is one of the musts. And if you have not bought one yet, check this post for some useful tips.
When you think about camping out at night, what do you usually think about? It is probably a bonfire and tent. Using tents and sleeping on rocky or soft terrain using a sleeping bag and other sleeping gears during camping trips have become ordinary over the decades. But have you ever thought about replacing your sleeping bag with a camping hammock?
Here is a quick list of why you should choose a camping hammock:
- More comfortable
- More versatile
- Easy to set up
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Great value
So, why not choose a camping hammock?
However, if you are one of many new campers who can’t choose the best camping hammock within a myriad of options, the following tips got you covered:
#1: Know the different types of camping hammock
Camping hammocks are not similar to the usual backyard hammocks; these are practical hammocks that are often used by professional campers, hikers, and backpackers. Check these different types:
- Nylon Parachute Singles are incredibly light and durable hammocks that you can easily fold and keep inside your backpack. And since it is made from nylon, it gives an extra stretch to make it more comfortable for the single camper.
- Nylon Parachute Doubles are similar to the previous tent, but it is wider and larger; perfect for two campers.
- Ultralight Hammocks are made for light travelers who are not planning to camp out the entire night. These hammocks are nice for napping and relaxing with nature, but not very comfortable and durable for long hours of sleep.
- Expedition Hammocks are heavy-duty hammocks that are designed durable and to provide quality comfort. These hammocks are made to last for several camping nights. Also, expedition hammocks often come with bug nets, extra layers of sleeping pads, and tarps.
#2: Choose the right dimension
When choosing between singles and doubles, you also need to find out the right measurement. Technically, most of the singles would fall between 4 to 5 feet wide, and the doubles are 6 to 8 feet wide. Meanwhile, the length would generally run between 9 feet to 11 feet long.
#3: Choosing between breathable and thick
Are you camping out during early spring and near fall? Or is it during summer? Always choose a hammock with the right thickness that can keep you feel comfortable while beating up the cool or warm breeze at night. Check this heavy-duty camping hammock at Wandering Privateer for an easy reference.
#4: Choose a camping hammock with a reliable suspension system
Although most of the camping hammocks do not include straps, slings, and or carabiners, try to look for one that has; this provides convenience when setting up and overall security. However, if it is difficult to look for one with either sling, straps, or carabiners, consider buying a pair of either of the mentioned suspension system.
There are quality-made camping hammocks that are surprisingly inexpensive. However, to make sure you are buying a quality-made one, try to read product reviews first.